When you’re hankering to get away from it all, Yanda campground (10 sites) in Gundabooka National Park might just be the remote Outback adventure you’ve been dreaming of. Nestled on the banks of the Darling River, this remote campground is perfect for self-sufficient campers who yearn to explore the beauty of the Darling River in outback NSW, near Bourke.
Arriving at the riverside campground, choose your spot to pitch the tent or park the caravan. The majestic river red gums provide a shady spot to relax and let the world drift by. Throw in a fishing line or bring a boat for a relaxing paddle down the river.
As the sun sinks, barbecue your catch and be serenaded by the sounds of the bush. Grab a torch for the chance to glimpse the pied bats and yellow-bellied sheathtail bats. If you’re lucky, you might catch sight of the endangered Kultarr, a mouse-sized nocturnal hunter.
Activities: walking, road cycling, motor vehicle use, paddling, motor boating, swimming, fishing, astronomy and star gazing, birdwatching, picnicking, playing and socialising
Getting there: Yanda campground is in the state conservation area of Gundabooka National Park. To get there:
- Drive south from Bourke on Kidman Way for approximately 3km and turn right onto Louth Road
- Continue along Louth Road for approximately 43km until you reach Yanda campground entrance, which is on the right-hand side of the road opposite the Telstra tower.
From Gundabooka National Park:
- From Ben Lomond Road, turn on Yanda track.
- Continue along Yanda track until you reach Louth Road (approximately 29km).
- Turn left onto Louth Road and continue driving for approximately 4km until you reach Yanda campground entrance, which is on the left-hand side of the road.
Facilities: picnic tables, gas/electric barbecues (free), carpark, flush toilets
Bookings: Bookings are not available at this campground.
Gundabooka, New South Wales, 2840
Coordinates & Contact Details-30.3601, 145.570902 6830 0200
what 3 wordsshallow.homemakers.suppliedBourke, New South Waleshttps://what3words.com/